Class Scheduled: April 28th – 29th, 2018.
(Please see Registration Info below to join us!)
Discover the ancient art of tracking.
This adventure will provide insight into the skills our ancestors used to survive and flourish.
You will be taught by professional trackers who use their skills to assist law enforcement in lost person incidents.
This is an intensive program, with moderate to strenuous off-trail hiking.
No previous tracking experience required.
Topics to include:
- tracking tools – what to carry and how to use each item
- finding and interpreting signs of passage
- tracking humans on various groundcovers
- tactics used in closing the time/distance gap
- methods used in search and rescue
- distinguishing animal from human tracks
- identifying evasive behavior in the subject being tracked
- tracking team security
- aging sign
- night tracking